sábado, 28 de febrero de 2009

Answers to Revision of Relatives exercise

REVISION OF RELATIVES (UNIT 5)

Answers

Make relative sentences joining the ones given.

1. We visited our parents’ house. We used to live there when we were children.
- We visited parents’ house, where we used to live when we were children.
2. They met the director. They had just seen his film.
- They met the director whose film they had just seen.
3. I have just read the book. I borrowed it from Lucy.
- I have just read the book (that) I have borrowed from Lucy
4. She will never forget her first trip abroad. She was a child then.
- She will never forget her first trip abroad, when she was a child.
5. The children are very well-behaved. We are looking after them.
- The children (that/whom) we are looking after are very well-behaved.
6. There is the boy. We met him yesterday.
- There is the boy (that/whom) we met yesterday.
7. This painting is an original. I bought it two years ago.
- This painting is an original (which/that) I bought two years ago.
8. Richard is my cousin. He dances beautifully.
- Richard, who is my cousin, dances beautifully.
- Richard, who dances beautifully, is my cousin.
9. Let’s find a café. We can talk there.
- Let’s find a café where we can talk.
10. Laura has a very interesting private library. Her father gave her most of the older books.
- Laura, whose father gave her most of the older books, has a very interesting private library.

No hay comentarios:

Bienvenid@

Al blog de 1º de Bachillerato de Investigación del IES Francisco de Goya.
Aquí colgaremos alumnos y profesores trabajos o información interesante que podremos utilizar todos.