miércoles, 25 de febrero de 2009

Useful Intructions for Relative Clause Rewriting

Useful instructions to rewrite and make up Relative Clauses.

• Identify the ANTECEDENT. Drag the relative clause next to it and leave out any unnecessary word.

• Choose the appropriate RELATIVE PRONOUN: watch out its function in the sentence (Subject, Object, Place, Time, Reason, Possession) and the category of its antecedent (Thing or person).

• Omit the pronoun whenever it is possible (Just in DEFINING CLAUSES).

• Place the preposition after the verb in the relative clause.


Correct the mistakes.

1. There was an old picture who was burnt in the fire.
-
2. The girl to I was talking was my friend.
-
3. The girl was my friend who came to the party.
-
4. That was a picture whom I bought in an antique shop.
-
5. The girl which I met in the party was my cousin.
-

Can you omit the relative pronoun in any of the sentences above?

No hay comentarios:

Bienvenid@

Al blog de 1º de Bachillerato de Investigación del IES Francisco de Goya.
Aquí colgaremos alumnos y profesores trabajos o información interesante que podremos utilizar todos.